Tuesday, August 12, 2008

accountability

Well, for about a year my pastor and I lifted weights in my garage. We lifted every Tuesday and Wednesday morning. We didn't miss very much. Over that years time we got very fit and strong! Eventually life got a little to busy to workout. We decided to take a little break. Needless to say we didn't go back to lifting. I kept telling myself that I would lift by myself. I haven't.  My body now shows my lack of commitment.... Yesterday my friend called me on the phone and asked me If I would join him in a 21 day exercise challenge.  That meant we jog or lift weights every day for 21 days! I joined gladly. I have full confidence that we will make it. I say this because I want to meet that challenge. When my friend calls me I want to tell him I honored our commitment.  This reminds me of our need for accountability. God did not intend us to do everything on our own. We are supposed to walk this life with Him and one another.

No comments: