Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The sunlight

This morning when I woke up at 5:45 to spend time with the Lord and exercise, I didn't feel like it. Actually the thought of being up and outside in the dark cold seemed depressing. Literally depressing. My heart felt heavy and unmotivated. I couldn't see the good in doing it. But, I knew from experience (yesterday) that if I didn't wake up I would be disappointed with myself later. So I crawled out of bed and hit the road. As I was jogging I said to the Lord, "Why do I feel like this"? Just then the sunlight hit my face and I came into view of a beautiful sunrise. I was flooded with the emotion of "well being" and "peace". I suddenly felt like a victorious man rather than a dirty trash can full of poop. God then reminded that all things in life that are good take work. Our salvation is free but it is work to keep it. The dreams he gives me are wonderful but to achieve them I must work hard. But with hard work and discipline comes great reward. The scriptures tell us that where we sow seed we will reap a harvest even greater!

No comments: